Professor Michael Charles Zerner (1940-2000)
- 1940: Born in Boston, Massachusetts
- 1961: BS degree from Carnegie Mellon University
- 1962: AM degree from Harvard University
- 1966: PhD degree from Harvard University (under Professor Martin Gouterman)
- 1966-68: Served two years in the US Army, earning the rank of Captain
- 1969-70: NIH Postdoctoral Fellow with Per-Olov Lowdin at the University of Uppsala (Sweden)
- 1970: joined Chemistry at the University of Guelph
- 1982: joined the Quantum Theory Project (QTP), Chemistry, and Physics at the University of Florida
- 1998: promoted to rank of Distinguished Professor of Chemistry and Physics at the University of Florida
- Professor Zerner was the lead designer of ZINDO.
- Professor Zerner authored or coauthored more than 225 scientific research papers, 20 book chapters, and 8 patents.
- Professor Zerner edited 35 books or proceedings.
- Professor Zerner helped organize (with his colleagues at QTP) the Sanibel Symposia.
Russ Drago (1928 - 1997) and Mike Zerner (1940 - 2000)
return to Webster Group page
Department of Chemistry, Mississippi State University
| Hand Laboratory, 310 President's Circle, Mississippi State, MS 37962
phone 662.325.3584 | fax 662.325.1618